Hi, I’m Kirstie
I live in Chelmsford, Essex and I’m married to Steve, I am a mum to our 3 year old daughter and I have an 12 year old step son.
I love anything related to pregnancy, birth, baby’s, being a new parent and yoga!
I am the Chair for the Mid and South Essex Maternity and Neonatal Voices Partnership and I volunteer for Health Watch Essex as a Maternity Patient Partner. I am passionate about making positive changes to improve your maternity experience.
I am also The Doula Association Ambassador for Essex and Suffolk, arranging networking events, sharing information and supporting the local Birth Bliss doulas.
I also volunteer with Barnardo’s Virgin Care, as a Breastfeeding Peer Supporter. I love to be involved with all the new families that I meet through this role.
I love my work, it’s a genuine passion. It’s amazing when I see happy and contented families after I’ve spent some time supporting them. You must do things to make you happy, and the work I do fills me with joy on a daily basis.
I have been practicing yoga for over 20 years now! I feel a rush of excitement, but also a wave of calm every time I step on to the mat. Yoga has helped me in so many positive ways and I really want to share this experience with others. I’ve practiced most styles of yoga over the years but Ashtanga soon became my yoga style of choice. Whilst pregnant I realised the benefits of a calmer style of yoga practice and it helped me with pregnancy related anxiety and physical aches and pains due to my changing body.
Relevant qualifications and voluntary work
- Birth and Postnatal Doula with Birth Bliss Academy
- BTEC National Diploma in Childhood studies
- Breastfeeding Peer Supporter with Barnardo’s Virgin Care
- Biomechanics for Birth with Molly O’Brien, Optimal Birth
- EDEXCEL Levels 2 and 3 BTEC Certificates in Life Coaching – Specialising in women’s health.
- Aromatherapy for Childbirth (RCM accredited)
- Holistic Sleep Coaching Course with Lyndsey Hookway
- Pregnancy, Postnatal and Mother and Baby Yoga Teacher Training with Sally Parkes Yoga (85 hours)
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training with Yoga Teacher Training Essex
- Advanced Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training with Sally Parkes Yoga (25 hours).
- Hot Yoga Teacher Training with 121 Urban Hot Yoga
- Anatomy and Physiology for Yoga with Essential Training Solutions
- Antenatal Preparation Workshop with Birth Bliss Academy
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s) and Early Trauma
- Safeguarding Children Level 2 Certificate
- Waterbirth during Covid19 – Keeping midwives, mothers & babies safe, certificate with Diane Garland.
- Baby Loss training with Beyond Bea
- Understanding the Infant Microbiome Certificate
- Anxiety – Helping Young Children to Cope
- Addressing Postnatal Depression as a Healthcare Professional Certificate.
- Domestic Violence & Abuse (DVA): Identifying & Responding to DVA in Pregnancy, Birth & Beyond.
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health First Aid
- First aid