Hi, I’m Kirstie
I live in Chelmsford, Essex and I’m married to Steve, I am a mum to our 2 year old daughter and I have an 11 year old step son. Life’s busy but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
I love anything related to pregnancy, birth, baby’s, being a new parent, self-care and yoga!
I volunteer for Health Watch Essex, working as a Maternity Patient Partner, trying to improve maternity services in my local area. I also volunteer with Barnardo’s Virgin Care, as a Breastfeeding Peer Supporter, which is fantastic.
I love my work, it’s a genuine passion. It’s amazing when I see happy and contented families after I’ve spent some time supporting them. Now that I’m a bit older I’ve realised that you must do things to make you happy and the work I do fills me with joy on a daily basis.
I have been practicing yoga for over 20 years now! I feel a rush of excitement, but also a wave of calm every time I step on to the mat. Yoga has helped me in so many positive ways and I really want to share this experience with others. I’ve practiced most styles of yoga over the years but Ashtanga soon became my yoga style of choice, it’s dynamic and fills me full of energy. Whilst pregnant I realised the benefits of a calmer style of yoga practice and it helped me with pregnancy related anxiety and physical aches and pains due to my changing body.
- Birth and Postnatal Doula with Birth Bliss Academy
- BTEC National Diploma in Childhood studies
- EDEXCEL Levels 2 and 3 BTEC Certificates in Life Coaching
- Aromatherapy for Childbirth (RCM accredited)
- Holistic Sleep Coaching Course with Lyndsey Hookway
- Pregnancy, Postnatal and Mother and Baby Yoga Teacher Training with Sally Parkes Yoga
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training with Yoga Teacher Training Essex
- Hot Yoga Teacher Training with 121 Urban Hot Yoga
- Breastfeeding Peer Supporter with Barnardo’s Virgin Care
- Anatomy and Physiology for Yoga with Essential Training Solutions
- Antenatal Preparation Workshop with Birth Bliss Academy
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s) and Early Trauma
- Safeguarding Children Level 2 Certificate
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health First Aid
- First aid