Hi, I’m Kirstie
Working with a doula and yoga teacher is a special relationship and I believe it’s imperative for us to fit well together, so I want to tell you a bit about myself and my background.
After leaving college I was a nanny in Essex and Kent caring for newborn babies, toddlers, young children and teenagers. I then decided I’d try something different and I spent 15 years working at a financial company in London as an events manager. I found this to be unfulfilling so I retrained in an area I felt passionate about. I wanted to reinvent my career to become the person I was meant to be. Now I have a job I love, working with mothers, babies and their families.
I currently live in Chelmsford, Essex and I’m married to Steve, I am a mum to our 2 year old daughter and I have an 11 year old step son. Life’s busy but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love to learn and continue to complete new and exciting courses for self-development and to keep up dated with the latest evidence in the world of maternity care and yoga practice.
I volunteer for Health Watch Essex, working as a Maternity Patient Partner, trying to improve maternity services in the area. I also volunteer with Barnardo’s Virgin Care, as a Breastfeeding Peer Supporter, which I love.
I have to admit that I’m not sure why I feel such a strong internal need to help new mothers and work with babies, but the need is there inside of me! I genuinely love to see happy, contented families when I finish supporting them. Now that I’m a bit older I’ve realised that you must do things to make you happy and the work I do fills me with joy on a daily basis.
I have been practicing yoga for over 20 years now! I’ve suffered with anxiety for most of my life and find that yoga is the best medicine. I feel a rush of excitement, but also a wave of calm every time I step on to the mat. Yoga has helped me in so many positive ways and I really want to share this experience with others. I’ve practiced most styles of yoga over the years but Ashtanga soon became my yoga style of choice, it’s dynamic and fills me full of energy. Whilst pregnant I realised the benefits of a calmer style of yoga practice and it helped me with pregnancy related anxiety and physical aches and pains due to my changing body.
Here is a list of my relevant qualifications, which is growing by the minute
- Birth and Postnatal Doula with Birth Bliss Academy
- BTEC National Diploma in Childhood studies
- EDEXCEL Levels 2 and 3 BTEC Certificates in Life Coaching Skills and Practice
- Aromatherapy for Childbirth (RCM accredited)
- Pregnancy, Postnatal and Mother and Baby Yoga Teacher Training with Sally Parkes Yoga
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training with Yoga Teacher Training Essex
- Hot Yoga Teacher Training with 121 Urban Hot Yoga
- Breastfeeding Peer Supporter with Barnardo’s Virgin Care
- Anatomy and Physiology for Yoga with Essential Training Solutions
- Antenatal preparation workshop with Birth Bliss Academy
- First aid