Postnatal Doula Services
Send me a message to book a free 30 minute chat to see if hiring a doula is right for you
“Kirstie was warm and attentive, made suggestions and helped me to make my own decisions” Doula client 2020
Why should you hire a postnatal doula?
- Continuity of care; a familiar friendly face amongst all the different health care professionals.
- Flexible support as and when needed.
- Emotional support for any feelings of birth trauma or adjusting to this change in life.
- Lowers the risk of postnatal depression and anxiety
- Feeding support (breastfeeding or formula feeding)
- Proven to increase the length of sustaining breastfeeding
- Someone to talk to, who actively listens.
- Perfect if you need an extra pair of hands around the house.
- Can be extra helpful if you’ve had a caesarean birth and need to take it very easy.
- Evidence based information and signposting is always available.
What I’ll do for you as a Postnatal doula:
Welcoming a new baby into your home can mean a huge transition in your life. I can be there from day one, or at any point afterwards in those early days. I will support you in a gentle way, easing you slowly into parenthood and encourage you to find your feet as new parents. I look forward to seeing you grow in confidence day by day. You will always take the lead and I will only be there on the side lines.
All families are different, so I will tailor a bespoke package to your needs. I can support you with physical tasks, be a great listener, share practical knowledge and support you emotionally. I can help with light household chores, prepare light snacks, offer information on health (eating, self-care, exercise), look after older children so you can focus on the new baby, I can take care of the baby whilst you sleep or have a shower, I can help you establish feeding, I can help with setting routines or work with you if you prefer a baby led approach, I can show you how to change a nappy, make up a bottle and advise on general baby care. I’ll even walk your dog if that helps! All the facts and knowledge I bring with me is evidence-based information and if there’s something I don’t know; I have a huge network of professionals to hand who will be able to advise.
Postnatal doula package:
- An informal chat for around 30 minutes, before making a booking.
- A bespoke package will be tailored to your individual needs but can be kept flexible.
- Support in your own home for an agreed number of hours, minimum 3 hours per day.
- Overnight stay’s need further discussion, generally 10 hours minimum, from 9pm-7am
As a Postnatal doula I cover an area of around 30 minutes drive around my home in Chelmsford Essex, but this can be discussed during our initial conversation and other areas will be considered.