Send me a message to book a free 30 minute chat to see if hiring a doula is right for you
“The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms of your children”
Why should you hire a postnatal doula?
- Continuity of care; that familiar friendly face amongst all the different health care professionals.
- Flexible support as and when needed (straight from birth or starting a while later, daily or occasionally).
- Emotional support for any feelings of birth trauma or adjusting to this change in life
- Lowers the risk of postnatal depression and anxiety
- Feeding support, breastfeeding or formula feeding
- Proven to increase the length of sustaining breastfeeding
- Someone to talk to, who really listens
- Perfect for when your partner returns to work and you need a second pair of hands around the house.
- Can be extra helpful if you’ve had a caesarean birth and need to take it very easy
- Evidence based information is always available
- Signposting to other services
What I’ll do for you as a Postnatal doula:
Welcoming a new baby into your home can mean a huge transition in your life. Sometimes it can be a daunting prospect. I can be there from day one, or at any point afterwards until you feel you no longer need me. I will support you in a gentle way, easing you slowly into parenthood and encourage you to find your feet as new parents. I look forward to seeing you grow in confidence day by day. You will always take the lead and I will only be there on the side lines.
All families are different, so I will tailor a package specifically to your needs. I can support you with physical tasks, be a great listener, share practical knowledge and support you emotionally. I can help with light household chores, prepare light snacks, offer information on health (eating, self-care, exercise), look after older children so you can focus on the new baby, I can take care of the baby whilst you sleep or have a shower, I can help you establish feeding (breast or formula), I can help with setting routines or work with you if you prefer a baby led approach, I can show you how to change a nappy, make up a bottle and advise on general baby care. I’ll even walk your dog if that helps! All the facts and knowledge I bring with me is evidence-based information and if there’s something I don’t know; I have a huge network of professionals to hand who will be able to advise.
Postnatal doula package:
- An informal chat for around 30 minutes. We will decide if we want to go ahead and make the booking.
- A bespoke package will be tailored to your individual needs.
- Support in your own home for an agreed number of hours, minimum 3 hours per day.
- Discounts on hourly rates will be offered for block bookings.
- Overnight stay’s need further discussion, generally 10 hours minimum, from 9pm-7am
As a Postnatal doula I cover an area of around 30 minutes drive around my home in North Chelmsford in Essex, but this can be discussed during our initial conversation and other areas will be considered. Petrol charges may apply at 0.45p per mile if travelling out of area.