Why should I try pregnancy yoga?
The benefits of practicing yoga during pregnancy are endless, it’s great for you and your baby.
- It’s fantastic for relaxation
- It’s a fun way to meet other pregnant people
- It prepares you for birth by increasing your strength and stamina
- You will learn breathing techniques to support you through birth
- It helps for a quicker postnatal recovery
- It improves sleep
- It’s fantastic for relieving tension, aches and pains associated with your changing body
- It’s fantastic for bonding with your baby, even before birth
- It’s a great way to get to know yourself and your body better
“I came to class limping with sciatica pain, by the end of the hour I could walk properly and the sciatica stayed away!”
Pregnancy Yoga…with a doula twist!
These sessions are friendly, informal, supportive and questions about pregnancy, birth and babies are encouraged.
After the yoga we have tea and cake and have a group chat where I share my support as a birth and postnatal doula.
Each week a theme will be set, for example, sleep, back pain, pelvic floor, yoga for birth and lots more.
Sessions may include asana (positions), pranayama (breathing), chanting and guided relaxation, but will be guided by your requirements.
I will provide the props to use during the session, including a yoga mat if you don’t have one. Please just ensure that you are dressed comfortably and can move around freely.
Writtle Village Hall
“As well as yoga, I also loved the tips for my upcoming birth”